Restoring the ability to walk by repairing the spinal cord
- Do you value entrepreneurship and lots of autonomy? Do you want to do groundbreaking work that really means something to the world?
- Do you want to work for a company where you have the perks of a startup, but the possibilities of a venture?
- And where you can challenge yourself every single day? And do you just have to work at the biggest High-Tech hotspot of the Netherlands?!
What kind of fantastic tasks and responsibilities am I up to on a regular day?
You will be part of the Go-2 self-steering project team in Eindhoven that designs, develops and implements a class III implantable medical device for electrical spinal cord stimulation with in- and on-body parts, featuring a closed loop control system;
The type of work will vary throughout the phases of the project;
You will design and develop body-worn electronics devices, from prototype to CE-marked product;
You support in testing of this equipment; set-up test tooling;
You work in multi-disciplinary teams, focus on parts belonging to larger system and therefore being involved and part off integration testing, electrical characterization testing, design verification testing;
You design the system to be tested under conditions defined in the IEC-60601 and prepare and guide the test activities in test houses;
You cooperate multidisciplinary with e.g. mechanical engineers and regulatory for design of housing and environmental conditions;
You lead risk burn-down projects by setting up, prototyping and testing concept systems;
You develop and verificate electronic systems according IEC-60601 in cooperation with design houses;
Characterization testing of electronics subsystems;
You co-operate with suppliers on design, development and manufacturing;
The systems consist of micro-controllers, magnetic charging systems, Bluetooth RF communication, sensors, power and battery management etc.
I’m interested! But are you really looking for me?
- You are an 'intrapreneur' and have a desire to make a difference in the world;
- You have solid electronics design and system testing experience within a controlled process;
- You are a high energy, self-motivated, pro-active individual able to work in a diverse team;
- You have a background in firmware development (ARM processor)
- You have a system thinking attitude, can identify areas of potential improvement and develop plans to address these;
- You are a high-energy, self-motivated, pro-active individual able to work in a diverse team;
- Education? Yes, you have a master’s degree or PhD in electronics, or equivalent engineering and relevant industry experience, preferably with active implantable medical devices;
- You are fluent in English. This is our company language;
- You are familiar with IEC-60601 compliance, requirements derived from it and testing accordingly;
- You are a generalist, with extensive experience in design processes and manufacturing of electronic devices;
I'm going to apply! What else do I need to know?
- You can start as soon as possible;
- You get a team of highly self-motivating colleagues, who are enthusiastic about their specialty and are eager to learn from each other;
- You get to work at the high-tech hotspot in Eindhoven, how cool is that?!
- A highly challenging and pro-active work environment where entrepreneurship and creativity gets rewarded;
- A good salary and good benefits;
- If you have any questions, please contact Bert Bakker +31 40 288 2830