Restoring the ability to walk by repairing the spinal cord
- Do you value entrepreneurship and lots of autonomy? Do you want to do groundbreaking work that really means something to the world?
- Do you want to work for a company where you have the perks of a startup, but the possibilities of a venture?
- And where you can challenge yourself every single day? And do you just have to work at the biggest High-Tech hotspot of the Netherlands?!
What kind of fantastic tasks and responsibilities am I up to on a regular day?
- You will work on the specification, design and realization of embedded and real-time software that will be part of our, partly implantable, spinal cord stimulation system. It is a Class III Medical Device.
- Potential topics that you can think of are: 1. Software implementation of data communication between implantable and body worm systems; 2. Implantable Pulse Generator firmware, starting with feasibility units and prototypes of system, expanding towards External pulse generator system; 3. Interaction/cooperation with IPG design house/manufacturer; 4. Real-time control firmware for body worm Motion Controller (closed loop control system and commutation hub). 5. Communication via BLE and propriety protocols.
- You will work together with our architects in a multidisciplinary engineering team in making and documenting design choices.
- You will setup and maintain a development environment for embedded software and in compliance with IEC/EN 62304.
I’m interested! But are you really looking for me?
- You are an 'intrapreneur' and have a desire to make a difference in the world;
- You have a systems-thinking attitude and you can identify areas of potential improvement and develop plans to address these;
- You are a high-energy, self-motivated, pro-active individual able to work in a diverse team;
- You are experienced in programming software that operates in, and interfaces directly with a hardware environment with limited resources;
- You are acquainted with software development in the medical domain or other regulated environments, like automotive;
- You are familiar with wireless communication protocols like Bluetooth low-energy (BLE) and reliability challenges that come with these protocols;
- Lots of experience? Yes, you have at least 7 years’ experience in C and C++ in professional embedded product environments, version control, test automation, continuous integration and unit testing;
- Education? Yes, you have a bachelor or master in electronics or software engineering with proven substantial experience in software development and embedded systems;
- You are fluent in English. This is our company language.
I'm going to apply! What else do I need to know?
- You can start as soon as possible;
- You get a team of highly self-motivating colleagues, who are enthusiastic about their specialty and are eager to learn from each other;
- You get to work at the high-tech hotspot in Eindhoven, how cool is that?!
- A highly challenging and pro-active work environment where entrepreneurship and creativity gets rewarded;
- A good salary and benefits;
- If you have any questions, please contact Bert Bakker +31 40 288 2830